Monday, February 14, 2011

985. "Right now I'm just delighted to be alive and to have had a nice long bath."

"Right now I'm just delighted to be alive and to have had a nice long bath." Richard Branson


Often times in life we get so caught up to reflect on what is most important. This, of course, is still being alive. If you weren't alive, nothing else would matter. While it is important to be work hard, play hard, make new friends, etc. It is also important to take some time for yourself.


This time for yourself can be relaxing by taking a bath, perhaps escaping by playing a round of golf, or perhaps playing video games. When I need to take time for myself I often turn to blues music. Sonny Boy Williamson II is my personal favorite. The way he plays the harmonica inspires me, relaxes me, puts me in a good mood, and shows me what can be done with something so simple. 


I encourage everyone to take time for yourself. If you have the time, perhaps once a day. If you're a busy man, maybe once a week. And if you're a super busy person, at minimum once a month. Either find something that you love and that you enjoy doing and make sure to create time in your schedule for this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment