Tuesday, February 8, 2011

989. Jimmy Valvano Speech

Sometimes with my posts, I'm going to use some longer quotes, speeches or poems. This is one of them, and one of my favorite:

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."


Ever since I saw this speech, I have been changed. I truly try to do these three things everyday. Its been tough, especially since I was never really an emotional person. The laughing and the thinking came very natural and easy to me. The crying is difficult, and I still don't cry everyday. However, when the opportunity arises, i try not to hold it back. When you do all three of these things in a day, you'll be amazed at how full of a day it really is. Its something special. Below is the full video for those who want to watch and I encourage all to donate the Jimmy V foundation. It is definitely a worthy cause.





No comments:

Post a Comment